This privacy notice provides information on how Leta collects and processes your personal data when you use our mobile application, software, or services. It sets out what we do with your personal data and how we keep it secure and explains your rights concerning your personal data.
Data we collect about you
Personal data means any information that can be used to identify directly or indirectly a specific individual. We collect your personal data to provide tailored services and analyze and continually improve our services. We may collect, use, store, and transfer different kinds of personal data for personal data optimization purposes.
You provide us with your personal data when you register your personal details on our website and mobile platforms and transact with the same.
The personal data we collect may include your:
- Full name
- Passport photo
- Email address
- National ID Card
- Registered Mobile phone number
- Vehicle information (type, registration details, size/capacity, certificate of insurance/insurance policy, driving license)
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data to operate, provide, develop, and improve services that we offer, including the following:
- Registration as a new user;
- Customer support – Leta uses the information we collect to provide customer support, including investigating and addressing user concerns and monitoring and improving our customer support responses and processes.
- Research and development – Leta uses data for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us make our services more convenient and easy to use, enhance the safety and security of our services, and develop new services and features.
- To enable communications between users.
- To send communications to users.
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services – We use data verifying users’ identity and eligibility to provide transportation or deliveries, including through reviews of background checks, to help prevent malicious use of our services by unsafe drivers and or riders.
We will take every reasonable step to ensure that your personal data is processed for the minimum period necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. Your Personal Data may be retained in a form that allows for identification only for as long as:
- We maintain an ongoing relationship with you. This will enable us to improve your experience with us and to ensure that you receive communications from us,
- Your Personal Data is necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice and, we have a valid legal basis,
- The duration of any applicable limitation period (i.e., any period during which a person could bring a legal claim against us), and
We will actively review the personal data we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymize it, when there is no longer a legal, business or consumer need for it to be retained.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered, or disclosed. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your legal rights
- The personal data we hold about you must be accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws concerning your personal data, including the right to access, correct, or, erase your personal data, object to or restrict processing of your personal data, right to ask that we transfer your personal data to a third party, and unsubscribe from our emails and newsletters.
- Where you wish to permanently delete your data from our website and other applications, you can choose the option of closing your account. You can close your account by clicking on this link and following the instructions. Once your account is closed, all services that you access through your account will no longer be available.
- We can refuse to accede to your request where it is unreasonable or where you have failed to provide additional information necessary to confirm your identity.
Data controllers and contract
If you have any questions or concerns about Leta’s Privacy Notice or you are looking for more information on how we process your personal data or wish to exercise your legal rights in respect of your personal data, please contact the Data Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com
We will investigate any complaints about the way we manage personal data and ensure that we respond to all substantiated complaints within prescribed timelines.