Terms & Conditions of Use of the Leta Applications. The access and use of any mobile application and/or software provided by Leta, the Leta Application, is subject to the following terms and conditions of use (Conditions and/or Terms).
Acceptance or Refusal
- The Leta Application can only be obtained by individuals above 18 years of age.
- If you do not agree to follow these Terms and Conditions, please do not register yourself or proceed to use this application any further. Use of the Leta Applications constitutes your full and binding acceptance of these Terms, and other terms and conditions during registration, including any future modifications or amendments that Leta makes from time to time.
- These Terms and Conditions as well as any amendments thereof are part of a contract between you and Leta and govern the use of Leta Applications. Leta may modify these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice to you by posting revised Terms on this mobile application and shall be deemed to be accepted by you and form an integral part of the original terms, and other terms and conditions.
- If Leta requests registration information from you, you will provide Leta with true, accurate, current, and complete information. You will promptly update your registration to keep it accurate, current, and complete. If Leta issues you a password, you shall not reveal it to anyone. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your accounts and passwords.
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the services.
- If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at [*]. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Your correspondence or related activities with third parties, including payment transactions and goods-delivery transactions, are solely between you and that third party. You agree that Leta will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any of your transactions with third parties. Any questions, complaints, or claims related to any product or service should be directed to the appropriate third party.
- You agree to immediately notify Leta of any unauthorized use of your passwords or accounts or any other breach of security. You also agree to exit from your accounts at the end of each session. Leta will not be responsible for any loss or damage that may result if you fail to comply with these requirements.
- Leta does not endorse in any way any advertisers/contents of advertisers on its mobile applications. Please, therefore, verify the veracity of all information on your own before undertaking reliance and acting thereupon.
- Leta shall not be responsible nor liable for any consequential damages arising on account of your relying on the contents of the advertisement.
Mobile and Internet Security
- Leta Applications is internet-dependent and cannot be availed to you in the event of internet failure and/or download error. Leta is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the non-provisioning of the services due to internet failure/connectivity failure/download error. Leta does not guarantee that the Services, or any portion thereof, will function on any particular hardware or devices. In addition, the Services may be subject to malfunctions and delays inherent in the use of the Internet and electronic communications.
- You understand and agree that your PIN/password and other information with respect to your Leta account are confidential information. You agree to immediately change the PIN on receipt and to continue changing the PIN periodically (recommended at least once every 30 days). You agree that Leta shall not be responsible if you share your PIN and other confidential information about your Leta account with any person or fail to abide by the advice given in this paragraph about changing your PIN periodically.
- You understand and agree that your Leta account is linked to your registered Mobile Number. Leta will not be held liable for unauthorized use of Leta on account of loss/theft/misplacement/sim-swap of Mobile Number and/or SIM unless you have informed Leta customer care about such loss/theft/misplacement. It must be noted you shall continue to be liable for any unauthorized use of your Leta account until you inform Leta customer care about such loss/theft/misplacement and the request for blocking your Leta account is executed. Leta shall not be responsible for any misuse of the Leta Applications.
- We follow the law and generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security, however, we shall comply with applicable laws and best practices relating to data privacy and data security.
- By using the Leta Applications, you agree to us processing your personal data in accordance with the terms of Leta’s privacy notice. Leta’s privacy notice is available here.
- Leta shall process all personal data obtained through the Leta Applications and related services in accordance with the terms of our privacy notice.
- Users shall be directly responsible to other users for any misuse of their personal data and Leta shall bear no liability to users in respect of misuse of personal data by other users.
- Leta shall not be liable/responsible for any defect in the product/merchandise/goods or services transported through the Leta Applications. Leta does not warranty against any damage or defect for the above-mentioned transactions.
- The Services will continue to evolve as we refine features and functionality. Leta has the right, but not the obligation, to take any of the following actions in its sole discretion at any time and for any reason without giving you any prior notice:
- restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of its Services;
- change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of its Services;
- establish general practices and limits concerning the use of its Services and mobile application, and
- you agree that Leta will not be liable to you or any third party for taking these actions.
- Leta may also delete any content or data from the Services at our discretion. All documents and information on the Leta Applicationsare protected by copyright. Except as specifically permitted herein, no portion of the documents or information on this website may be reproduced in any form or by any means without the express written consent of Leta.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Leta and its officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless from any and all claims, demands, losses, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with:
- your use of the Services or services or goods obtained through your use of the Services;
- your breach or violation of any of these Terms;
- Leta’s use of your User Content; or
- your violation of the rights of any third party, including Third Party Providers
- You acknowledge and agree that the Services and the Software are proprietary products of Leta and its licensors, protected under patents, copyright laws, and international treaties. You further acknowledge and agree that all rights, title, and interest in and to the Services and the Software, including associated intellectual property rights and all improvements, modifications, revisions, derivative works, customization, and integration work product, customer feedback, suggestions, and white-label branded applications, are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Leta. These Terms and the rights granted hereunder do not convey to you any interest in or to the Software. You shall not remove or alter any copyright notice, trademark, or other proprietary or restrictive notice or legend affixed to, embedded, contained, or included in the Software or Services or any material provided by Leta.
- The Services constitute a technology platform that enables users to optimize transportation and/or logistics services with independent third-party providers of such services, including independent third-party transportation providers and independent third-party logistics providers. Unless otherwise agreed by Leta in a separate written agreement with you, the Services are made available solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You acknowledge that Leta does not provide transportation or logistics services or function as a transportation carrier and that all such transportation or logistics services are provided by independent third-party contractors who are not employed by Leta or any of its affiliates.
- Some of the services may be subject to additional posted conditions. Your use of those Services is subject to those conditions, which are incorporated into these Terms by reference. In the event of an inconsistency between these Terms and any additional posted conditions, the provisions of the additional conditions shall prevail.
- The technology and the software underlying this mobile application and the Services are the property of Leta, its affiliates, and its partners or licensors or associates. You agree not to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, reverse engineer, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer any right to the technology or software underlying its websites or the Services. You agree not to modify the software underlying in any manner or form or to use modified versions of such software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Leta backend.
- The information, software, products, and services included in or available through the Leta Applications may include interruptions, inconsistencies, errors, inaccuracies, or typographical errors.
- The Customer accepts responsibility for the selection of the Software to achieve its intended results and acknowledges that the Software has not been developed to meet the individual requirements of the Customer. Leta and/or its respective suppliers make no representations and warranties about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, lack of viruses or other harmful components,and accuracy of the information, software, products, services, and related graphics contained within Leta Services for any purpose. All such information, software, products, services, and related graphics are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. All other conditions, warranties, or other terms which might have effect between the parties or be implied or incorporated into this Agreement or any collateral contract, whether by statute, common law, or otherwise, are hereby excluded, including the implied conditions, warranties or other terms as to the satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose or the use of reasonable skill and care. Leta and/or its respective suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, software, products, services, and related graphics, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, workmanlike effort, title, and non-infringement. You agree that Leta shall not be responsible for unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data, any material or data sent or received or not sent or received, or any transactions entered into through a Leta service.
- In no event shall Leta and/or its suppliers be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Services, with the delay or inability to use the Services or related services, the provision of or failure to provide services, or for any information, software, products, services, and related graphics obtained through the Services, or otherwise arising out of the use of Leta Services, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, even if Leta or any of its suppliers has been advised of the possibility of damages.
- This agreement is governed by the Laws of the Republic of Kenya. You hereby irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of Courts in Kenya in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of Leta Services. Use of Leta Services is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph. Leta reserves the right to disclose any personal information about you or your use of the Services, including but not limited to its contents, contact information, account numbers, mobile numbers, meter numbers, usage activity, transaction history, and device information, without your prior permission if Leta has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
- protect and defend the rights or property of Leta or its affiliated companies;
- enforce the terms or use; or
- act to protect the interests of its members or others.
- Subject to these Terms, we grant to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use our Services for your internal use and not for resale or further distribution. Your right to use our Services is limited by all terms and conditions set forth in these Terms. Except for your pre-existing rights and this license granted to you, we and our licensors retain all rights, titles, and interest in and to our Services, including all related intellectual property rights.
- Services means the subscription services provided by Leta to the Customer under these Terms via Leta Cargo or any other website or application notified to the Customer by Leta from time to time, as more particularly described in the Documentation.
- Documentation means the document made available to the Customer by Leta online via Leta Cargo or such other web address notified by the Supplier to the Customer from time to time which sets out a description of the Services and the user instructions for the Services.
- Software means the online software applications provided by the Supplier as part of the Services.